With such a large variety of incontinence aids available on the market today it’s understandable that one might need a little guidance to find the products that fit their particular situation. One of our goals is to help you understand the products that are available to help you manage your incontinence and live an active life!
Different Types of Fit and Style
The terms adult diaper, incontinence underwear, and incontinence brief are all interchangeable. Adult Diapers generally come in two different full-coverage fits, briefs and pull-ups. The best type of fit depends on the caregiver’s preference or the user’s preference, needs and usage.
Pull-On or pull-up style adult diapers are often referred to as disposable or protective underwear. These feature an absorbent lining with elastic around waist and legs to contain leaks. Some brands have underwear specifically designed for men or women; or some are unisex, The most absorbent pull-ups are unisex models.
- Look and feel like regular underwear
- More comfortable for active users
- May have tear-away sides for easy removal, but most do not
- More discreet under clothing
- More ideal for taking on and off to go to the bathroom
Pull-ups With Re-fastenable Tabs – a newer product that are pull-ups, but have tabs on the side if you want to use them.
Adult Diapers, Briefs, Tab-Top, Tape-On
An adult diaper or brief has tabs on the side. There are several different types, cloth-like backing, plastic backing, refastenable, non-refastenable, overnight, and day-use briefs. These types of incontinence products are popular for the following reasons:
- Easiest to take on or off for caregivers
- Usually are more absorbent
- Adjustable tabs offer customized fit
- Refastenable tabs offer customized fit. Many higher quality briefs have this characteristic.
- Briefs with non-refastenable tabs can only be fastened once, these are more economically priced.
- Easier to use for bowel incontinence
Briefs for Overnight
Overnight adult briefs are commonly used for those individuals that have problems with incontinence at night. They are the most absorbent type of briefs Using the overnight diapers will allow you stay safe at night and really will protect your bedding!
Briefs for Day Use
Adult briefs for day-time use come in a variety of absorbency options; Heavy, Moderate, or Light.
Bariatric briefs are for plus sized individuals. They come in a variety of very large sizes.
When ordering check whether the product you need is a pull-up/step in or tape-on/open sided brief.SHOP
Shop for popular brands of incontinence products online